PHPRPC is a lightweight, secure, cross-domain, platform-independent, language-independent, envirment-independent, complex object supported, reference parameters supported, content redirecting supported, session supported, service-oriented, high performance remote procedure call protocol.
The latest version is 3.0. Currently, PHPRPC has been implemented by following programming languages:
- ASP: supports both JScript and VBScript.
- ActionScript: offers ActionScript 2.0 and ActionScript 3.0 support.
- Delphi/C++Builder/Kylix: provides Delphi/C++Builder 6.0-2009 and Kylix support, which not only satify Win32 development, but also Linux development.
- Java: compatibles with JDK 1.2 (and later versions), it also supports Google Android SDK. Further more, it releases with a J2ME implementation, supports CLDC-1.1 and MIDP-1.0.
- .NET: supports all .NET languages ( including C#, VB.NET, VC.NET, Delphi.NET and so on ), it compatibles with .NET Framework and .NET Compact Framework, even works with Mono! The latest version supports SilverLight 2.0!
- PHP: works perfectly with PHP4 and PHP5, potentially compatibles with PHP6 (under development).
- Python: requires Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, can be distrubuted on Google App Engine.
- Ruby: compatibles with Ruby 1.8.5 and later. can be running as cgi、fcgi、scgi、lsapi, also supports standalone servers ( including mongrel、thin、ebb or webrick ).
- Perl：Unstable yet, needs further work.
- Lazarus(Free Pascal)：Ports from Delphi, needs Indy for Lazarus supports.
PHPRPC for ASP, .NET, Java, Ruby, Python and PHP include both client and server implementations.